Volunteers are a vital part of Furry Friends!
We simply can't do what we do without our volunteer team members. Our animals and organization welcome and appreciate the donation of your valuable time and talent to help our dogs and cats while they await their forever homes.
As a Furry Friends volunteer, you may participate with our organization in so many ways:
- Bring a Furry Friend to adoption and special events (e.g. community events, collection drives, fundraisers, etc.)
- Walk dogs, interact with cats, assist our adoption desk and help us put our best face forward to visitors at both our Jupiter Adoption Center and Palm City Ranch.
- Accept donations, organize merchandise, provide customer service and more at our Thrift Boutique
Orientations are held twice each month. To become a Furry Friends Volunteer, please select either the Adult (18+) or Teen (14-17) volunteer application button below.
Please note: Furry Friends is not currently allowing any volunteer opportunities for court ordered community service hours.
- All volunteer candidates 18 years and older will be required to complete a multi-state criminal background check prior to attending the orientation.
- A donation of $35 will be required to cover the cost of the background check, uniform shirt, and name badge
- Teens must be at least 14 years old and older, to become a Furry Friends Volunteer.
- Teens 14 & 15 years of age, must have a parent/guardian attend orientation with them and a parent/guardian volunteering alongside the teen at all times while on shift working with the animals.
- Teens 16 years of age and older, can volunteer independently but must have a parent/guardian accompany them to the orientation.
- A donation of $20 will be required to cover the cost of the uniform shirt and name badge.
Login to the volunteer portal to browse and book your volunteer shifts. The volunteer portal is for registered volunteers who have already attended orientation.Volunteer Portal