Why make a gift?
"Without a doubt, your gift creates the opportunities to make miracles happen for our Furry Friends."
Giving Options—Make an Impact on the Animals for Years to Come
There are many giving options to choose from besides simply writing a check. We can work with your foundation or charitable trust to make your tax-deductible gift to Furry Friends, Inc. We can show you how to benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting Furry Friends while retaining assets for your family to someday receive; or find a gift option that provides you with a stream of income for the rest of your life.
We understand that gifts to charities such as Furry Friends can be an important part of your overall financial and estate plan. That’s why we’ve committed to working with you to ensure that you find the charitable arrangements that best meet your needs. We believe that charitable planning is a process that ideally involves the donor, professional advisors and our gift planning staff - all working together to arrange the best gift possible.
Your giving goals can be accomplished through the following options:
- Private Foundation. We can work with your foundation or charitable trust to accomplish your charitable goals while ensuring that your foundation distributes at least 5% of its assets yearly.
- Endowment. Only a small portion of your gift is spent, allowing the remaining amount to continue growing. That portion of your gift will supplement our programs indefinitely.
- Bequest in Will or Living Trust. Defer a gift until after your lifetime by naming us in your will or as the beneficiary of assets in a living trust.
- Charitable Trust. Secure a fixed and often increased income by creating a charitable trust that pays you a set income annually; Create a hedge against inflation over the long term by creating a trust that pays you a percentage of the trust’s assets, valued annually; or reduce gift and estate taxes on assets passing to your heirs by creating a trust that pays a fixed or variable income to us for a set term, and then passes to heirs.
- Donor Advised Fund. We work with financial institutions to make your tax-deductible contribution of personal assets to us while meeting your annual minimum grant amount.
- Retirement Plan Gift. Eliminate the twofold taxation on retirement plan assets by naming us as the beneficiary of the remainder of the assets after your lifetime.
The Benefits of Legacy Giving
Planned gifts can benefit you and your family*
- It may reduce your out-of-pocket expenses compared to an outright gift (depending on the type of vehicle you choose) and helps you make a larger gift than you may have thought possible.
- You receive a tax-deduction at the time you set up the planned gift in many cases.
- It may reduce your taxable estate.
- You can turn under-appreciated or volatile assets into stable income generators, with higher rates of return where applicable.
- Where income is generated, part of the income may be tax-free.
- It helps you plan for retirement and secure your financial future.
- It lets you focus support for a specific area of interest or general support.
- Get the supreme satisfaction of supporting a worthy cause and leaving a legacy.
Talk to us about other benefits to you and your family and the planned gift that best meets your financial and philanthropic goals.
*Specific benefits depend on the type of planned gift you choose.
Your Planned Gift Continues Our Mission
- Your gift is one of the most profound ways you can support the animals. It is truly the ultimate “bravo” and “job well done” and we are in turn extremely grateful for your legacy gift, regardless of size.
- Your gift plays a critical role in Furry Friends’ future and ensures that resources are there to support our mission of rescuing homeless animals and giving them a second chance at life.
- Your gift inspires your peers and other friends of Furry Friends to consider a planned gift.
Please call Jason Gluck, Executive Director, at 561.747.5311 ext. 1 to discuss your giving options.
All inquiries are strictly confidential and great appreciated.