Volunteers are a vital part of Furry Friends!
We simply can't do what we do without our volunteer team members. Our animals and organization welcome and appreciate the donation of your valuable time and talent to help our dogs and cats while they await their forever homes.
As a Furry Friends’ approved volunteer, you may participate with our organization in so many ways:
- Bring a Furry Friend to adoption and special events (e.g. food collection drives, fundraisers, community events.)
- Walk dogs, interact with cats, assist our adoption desk and help us put our best face forward to visitors at both our Jupiter Adoption Center and Palm City Ranch.
- Accept donations, organize merchandise, provide customer service and more at our Thrift Boutique
- Provide photography or marketing services to promote our adoptable animals.
- Take a Furry Friend on a field trip to a local dog-friendly restaurant, beach, or park to increase their socialization, exposure, and adoption opportunities
- Assist us with special projects requiring attention at our shelter, from fixing broken doors and faucets to installing shelving, and more
ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED IF YOU WANT TO INTERACT WITH OUR DOGS.
SEE #3 BELOW FOR CATS
PLEASE.... BRING YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION (see Required Paperwork tab) Please wear closed toe shoes and be prompt. Late arrivals will need to reschedule please.
The orientation will last approximately 45 minutes and our shelter closes at 6:30pm.
1. If you are under the age of 16, please be accompanied by your parent during orientation AND while volunteering. This parent must also submit a volunteer application.
2. If you are age 10 and younger, you and your parent may participate in our Wish List program (found on our website) and/or read to our cats in our large cat room. It is not necessary for you to attend an orientation to volunteer in this capacity. Simply visit us during our open hours in adoptions (Monday- Saturday, 11am-6pm).
3. If you want to interact with our cats only, orientation is not required. Simply visit our adoption center during open hours (Monday-Saturday, 11am-6pm), play with our cats, and ensure they have toys, clean litter boxes, and fresh water. There are limits to the areas that you may access in our shelter and our adoption desk will give you a "cat/kitten only" application to complete. Please be accompanied by your parent if you are younger than 16. Parent brings completed application too.
4. If you need community service hours for SCHOOL, that is encouraged. Again, if you are interested in handling dogs, an orientation is required and your parent must accompany you and also bring an application to orientation. Please see #3 above for volunteering with cats and kittens as this is also an option for school-ordered community service hours. In all volunteer instances, please ask the front desk to sign off on your school-required paperwork at the end of each visit. This is your responsibility.
5. If you need community service hours for COURT, you may participate in our Wish List program, the perfect way for you to earn your hours while spreading the word about Furry Friends out in the community. Please visit the Wish List section of our website.
6. If you would like to volunteer with the dogs at our Palm City Ranch, orientation in Jupiter is required first. Please sign up for a future orientation date. To volunteer with our cats, please call 772.678.3700.
7. If you would like to volunteer at our Thrift Boutique at 615 W. Indiantown Road, please contact Joyce or Judy at 561.747.5311 ext. 6. Flexible days and times are available.
MINIMUM COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR VOLUNTEERS IS 2 TIMES A MONTH (4-6 hours total) Small potatoes, right?!?
IF YOU ARE UNABLE MAKE THIS COMMITMENT, WE ARE UNABLE TO ADD YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEER RANKS AT THIS TIME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
OUR UPCOMING VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION DATES ARE:
May 14, 2019
May 28, 2019
June 11, 2019
June 25, 2019
July 9, 2019
July 23, 2019
Click HERE for details & to sign up!
Space is limited and we only have room for 25 attendees per sign up.
Sign up full?
Please keep an eye on our website for future dates.
PLEASE.... BRING YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION (your completed application is your entrance ticket to orientation.) Please wear closed toe shoes and be prompt. Late arrivals will need to reschedule.
The orientation starts at 5:30pm (promptly), will last approximately 45 minutes and our shelter closes at 6:30pm.
WE CANNOT DO FOR OUR ANIMALS WITHOUT THE TIME AND TALENT OF OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Please complete & bring dog-related volunteer application with you to orientation
Please complete & bring cat/kitten only volunteer application with you upon first volunteering with them at our shelter during open hours